Quality Assurance Engineer - Salt Lake City,Utah
07-20-20 (02:07 AM)
Salt Lake City, Utah, UnitedStates
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a position that reports to the Quality Assurance Manager. This position is responsible for management of Quality Assurance documentation including, but not limited to MPRs, Repack Records, SDSs, Product Bulletins, Product Specifications, and Product Labels. This position will also provide technical support to the LIMS Administrator. The scope of responsibilities for this position will focus primarily on Industrial and Food/Dairy products, however, some responsibility overlap with Pharmaceutical Quality and Regulatory Compliance functions is anticipated.
- Standardize safety critical documents such as SDSs, revising and updating the existing library of SDSs. Maintain SDS management and control system to ensure control and timely deployment of SDSs.
- Standardize product collateral documents such as specifications, product labels, technical bulletins, etc., revising and updating the existing library of collateral documents as needed.
- Construct and implement ERP-based standardized batch records for SLC and Branches. Manage ERP-based BPR system once implemented. Standardize and construct repack, load and unload documentation for SLC and Branches.
- Resolve documentation and/or compositional information issues as they arise.
- Interface with Sales Management to provide prototype documents (SDSs, Product Specifications, Product Bulletins, Product Labels) needed during sales lead development.
- Resolve, working with Dispatch and QA, production and documentation issues that arise during Second Shift operations.
- Manage Food/Dairy Product Stability Testing system.
- Provide backup support to LIMS Administrator.
Bottom Line Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. In Chemistry or related preferred.
- 2+ years of quality experience in a chemical product related manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Quality documentation as related to Chemical Products (SDSs, Product Specifications, Product Bulletins).