Plant Staff Accountant (Plastics) - Dekalb, IL
02-01-21 (01:31 AM)
Dekalb,, IL, UnitedStates
- Do you have experience in a manufacturing setting?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting?
- Do you have 5 years of budgeting and forecasting experience?
Reporting to the Area Controller- Global Plastics, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of the plant financial statements. Reporting includes both financial reporting and forecasts to division management and the plant. As well as providing finance support to division accountants as appropriate.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Performs and monitors fundamental accounting activities at a plant level to include: the preparation and review of data for input in the general ledger, the review of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers transactions to ensure accuracy and proper accounting treatment.
- Responsible for reporting to division and plant management’s month end results to include: operating results and plant metrics.
- Performs detailed balance sheet reconciliations quarterly, assure those appropriate adjustments are made in the general ledger.
- Analysis of capital expenditures, asset tracking, and review of the asset register. Ensure that plant assets are audited annually.
- Preparation and review of monthly/weekly forecast, quarterly forecasts, and the annual budget
- Assist in peer audit of other plants as required.
- Backup monitor of a/p transactions for the division.
- Reviews and prepares supporting work papers and schedules in support of the annual audit.
- Provides division accounting assistance in inventory reporting, purchase price variance analysis, invoicing calculation for assembly customers.
- Standard Cost experience required
- Job Costing experience is a Bonus
- Assists with in-depth special studies as required and other duties assigned.
This position is located in Dekalb, IL.
We'd Love To Hear From You If:
- You have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- You have 5-8 years’ experience and exposure to budgeting/forecasting and advanced excel skills.
- You have excellent Excel skills, general IT systems knowledge (JDE/Microsoft Office/Query/Oracle) and Strong analytical capabilities.
This is a progression position and could be a level I, II, or III. Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs.