Tax Analyst (Provisions) - Hartsville, SC
02-01-21 (01:25 AM)
Hartsville, SC, UnitedStates
- Bachelor degree in accounting or taxation
- Excellent general accounting knowledge and familiar with accounting principles such as ASC740
- CPA or years of experience
- Experience with C corporations
- Previous experience at a large public accounting firm
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Job Description
Reporting to the Manager - Federal Tax, the Senior Tax Analyst (Provisions) role will be responsible for ASC 740 and assist with U.S tax compliance. This role will work closely with various members from within and outside the tax department, and may assist with cross functional ad hoc projects as needed.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and energetic individual with strong tax provision and compliance skills, and can think and adapt quickly. The job duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assume primary responsibility for preparation of the quarterly ASC 740 provision and related financial statement disclosures.
- In conjunction with the tax compliance group, manage the computation of book tax differences, supporting work papers, account reconciliations and documentation. Communicate issues and findings to senior tax management.
- Preparation of the tax basis balance sheet for the domestic entity group.
- Preparation of purchase accounting calculations.
- Provide support for or lead various tax projects as needed.
- Build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Minimum qualifications:
- At least 5 years of directly related corporate tax provision and compliance experience in public accounting and/or a multinational company.
- Excellent general accounting knowledge and familiar with accounting principles such as ASC740.
- Firm grasp of the US federal and state corporate income tax laws and regulations.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or taxation; CPA required’ Master’s is preferred.