Manufacturing Supervisor - Central Islip -NY
02-01-21 (01:10 AM)
Central Islip, NY, UnitedStates
- REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP / WORK PERMIT / VISA STATUS:
US Citizen / Green Card Holder / EAD Card Holder
- MUST HAVES:
The candidate must have a degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
One (1) to three (3) years of direct work experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Must be proficient in computer skills and software applications such as Microsoft Office tools.
Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift ranging from first or second shift.
Mutst be willing to wokr some weekends based on business need as requried by management
- NICE TO HAVES:
Experience using SAP business system and applications.
Knowledge of statistical packages.
Bi-lingual in Spanish
Capable of conducting trouble-shooting, investigations and root cause identification and analysis
The Manufacturing Supervisor position is an individual contributor role and reporting to a Manager or Senior Manager of Manufacturing Operations at InvaGen/Cipla New York. The job duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
· Plan, organize and oversee all activities related to the manufacturing of tablets and capsules to include delivery, in-process, and finished product samples in a defined schedule.
· Review and compile the documents generated during the production of tablets and capsules such as batch manufacturing records and validation protocols.
· Ensure and compliance with safety, quality, productivity, and performance expectations and execution of manufacturing operations.
· Provide daily supervision and support to the operators in regarding day-to-day production activities such as trouble shooting and other work tasks.
· Coordinate with departments such as Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC), Research & Development (R&D), Maintenance & Engineering, Supply Chain and Warehousing, Human Resources, and other internal functional partners with respective to the completion of quality work and achieving the production schedules and performance objectives.
· Work with Integrated Product Development (IPD)/R&D on the execution of bio-batches (abbreviated new drug applications - ANDA) and validation batches.
· Effective implementation of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and safety practices in the operations and manufacturing of products.
· Initiate and review written procedures such as standard operating procedures (SOPs), operating instructions, cleaning procedures, safety procedures, and other work procedures as needed.
· Manage performance and train assigned employees using Company systems, procedures, policies, practices, and other tools to meet established performance standards, productivity targets, and overall business requirements.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field of study from an accredited college/university required.
· Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field of study from an accredited college/university preferred.
· One (1) to three (3) years of direct work experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in generic pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Technical Knowledge and Computer Systems Skills:
· Understanding of granulation, compression, coating, and encapsulation machines
· Capable of conducting trouble-shooting, investigations and root cause identification and analysis.
· Capable of handling and participating in compliance and regulatory audits at the local and federal levels.
· Must be proficient in computer skills and software applications such as Microsoft Office tools.
· Experience using SAP business system and applications is a plus.
· Knowledge of statistical packages is a plus.
Professional and Behavioral Competencies:
· Able to effectively lead and manage teams of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Able to prioritize, plan and work under tight schedules and deadlines.
· Must possess strong documentation and technical writing skills, and able to apply relevant scientific principles and practices.
· Must communicate clearly and concisely across levels, both orally and in written.
· Strong command over written and verbal English is required.
· Preference for bi-lingual Spanish language proficiency (reading, writing, and speaking).
· Must be able to work under general supervision and able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Must be able to exercise appropriate professional judgment on matters of significance.
Work Schedule and Other Position Information:
· Must be willing to work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing setting.
· Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift ranging from first, second, or third shift. Work schedule may be Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday, or some combination thereof based on business needs.
· Must be willing to work some weekends based on business need as required by management.
· Must relocate to the Long Island, NY area and work at the Company’s Central Islip and/or Hauppauge, NY sites.
· Relocation negotiable.
· No remote work available.
· No employment sponsorship or work visas.