EHS Specialist - Central Islip,USA,
01-27-21 (03:58 AM)
Central Islip, New York, UnitedStates
- Develop, implement, and oversee program changes; interpret policies and procedures as they apply to environmental health and safety practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of environmental, health, and safety specialization, can interact with internal and external customers.
- Develop hazardous and chemical waste programs following Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other state and federal government agencies’ regulations
- Ensure programs and practices are in compliance with the appropriate statutes and regulations and environmental, health, and safety requirements are met.
- Investigate incidents and identify corrective and preventative measures, answer questions, or complaints received from within the organization, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify, evaluate, and control hazards.
- Performs audits and evaluations to determine company compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Performs training on proper occupational safety, chemical safety, hazardous waste management, and other related topics.
- Performs incident investigations to determine the root cause and develop practical corrective actions.
- Ensure effective training is delivered company-wide and documented.
- Continually identify and where appropriate, implement industry safety best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in occupational safety, risk management, or closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive responsibility implementing safety and health programs in a manufacturing environment.