Project Manager (Manufacturing), Tokyo
09-25-20 (06:54 AM)
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
What you will do:
- Lead project team in the resolution of customer project issues, escalating to appropriate parties as needed
- Collaborate with appropriate Company resources on customer's business, organization and culture to strengthen their credibility as trusted advisors
- Assist in generating Statement of Work and customer proposal documents
- Help validate and produce appropriate baseline project plans and templates
- Work with appropriate parties to plan project resource requirements
- Provide guidance, feedback, coaching, and developmental experiences to project team members
- Assess project performance and communicates lessons learned to increase institutional knowledge
- Ensure project team adheres to Blue Yonder policies, procedures, methodologies and quality standards
- Manage services engagements including interactions with client project team and client executives
- Resolve all project issues including budget, timeline, accounts receivable, scope changes, software functionality and technology
- Provide regular project communication and status reporting
- Manages project quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Lead process change and serve as a subject matter expert to drive key decisions
- Identify Key Performance Indicators, develop baseline measurements, establish ongoing measurement processes, measure and present quantifiable results
- Ensure that projects deliver the value/ROI sold with the engagement
- Build collaborative relationship that increases customer's perception of the value Blue Yonder brings to their business and expands future business opportunities
- Maintain a full understanding of our competitor’s software and service solutions
- Keep individual and project expenses within budget
- Record cost-transfer time to other Blue Yonder teams, as appropriate
- Escalate issues that may have negative financial impact
- Manage service engagement budgets
- Review billing for all active accounts
- Record and reports on billable time to customer
- Maximize margin on service engagements
- Ensure supporting project documentation is in order and submitted timely
- Maintain project compliance to Blue Yonder’s project management methodology
- Contribute to the ongoing development of project management, implementation, and solution templates and best practices
- Effectively identify and close additional software and service opportunities within your client base
To be successful for the role, what you will need:
- PMP certification preferred.
- Preferred Experience in the SCM industry; Proven experience working as a Project Manager or similar capacity.
- Deep understanding of Mfg & retail business processes, with specific work experience in these business areas.
- Knowledgeable in project management best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a software consulting, implementation or development projects.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and interfacing with C-Level Executives
- Skilled at leading and coordinating across diverse teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with little to no guidance
- Capable of facilitating (design sessions, conflict resolutions, brainstorming, etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor, coach and train.
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese & English language, client relationship and analytical skills.
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
- Self-starter / able to work and lead groups independently
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in requirements gathering, root cause analysis, problem resolution, and quality assurance
- Proven ability to identify potential problems/outstanding tasks, and finding solutions
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel according to customer project needs?