QA Engineer (SFDC)
08-03-20 (09:46 PM)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
A QA Engineer is responsible for validating fully functional modules or apps according to the requirements. As part of day-to-day work, A QA Engineer is expected to possess proficient knowledge of Force.com platform and an analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail. A QA Engineer is a self-motivated driven doer who performs the day-to-day, hands on the keyboard testing for projects.
High-Level QA Engineer Responsibilities (+ all responsibilities of a QA):
- Own and/or monitor QA workstream for 1-6 Delivery/Client Services/Internal projects (with guidance from QA Lead or QA Manager)
- Billability of at least 40 hrs per week (Util Target). The resource needs to ensure that assigned hours are utilized on each project.
- Creation and management of QA test plans and test cases.
- Support and mentor junior QA resources in test planning.
- Actively participate in backlog refinement and user story reviews.
- Facilitate UAT planning and execution of UAT.
- Delegate QA work and hours to junior QA resources (where applicable).
- Help the internal Silverline QA team improve processes, tools, methodologies, etc.
- Direct client interaction and expectation to be able to lead QA calls
A QA needs to perform the following -
- Perform thorough analysis on requirements to determine a test plan i.e.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the desired functionality
- Check whether the implementation affects current functionality (regression)
- Evaluate stated requirements before the feature is implemented
A successful analysis results in the derivation of all possible use cases and the technical approach. A QA engineer should present and discuss the test plan with a QA Lead or QA Manager and finalize the test plan and LOE/ETAs.
A successful analysis results in -
- Derivation of all possible use cases
- Identification of any blockers, challenges or risks
- An optimal test plan design based on complex requirements
- Thorough impact analysis of the planned testing
- Develop a test plan based on the requirements and functionality, that covers functional testing (happy-path, negative, boundary/extreme, exploratory), regression, usability, data, integration, smoke/sanity, and performance/load testing.
A QA engineer must discuss the approach with QA Lead or QA Manager finalize the test plan and LOE/ETAs.
- Develop good quality test plans and test cases by
- Following Silverline-CRM standards/best practices (ex. Test Case Best Practices)
- Leverage recommended frameworks (ex. Test Case Templates)
- Write comprehensive test cases validating all possible use cases, Including regression, smoke, and deployment tests
- Perform thorough testing following a test plan
- Retest all bugs, defects, and feedback issues reported
- Validate deployments through smoke/deployment testing
- Time-bound R&D for any unknown or newer tools or technologies
- Developing reusable test cases in a project (Regression, Smoke)
- Mentor, assist and review in junior QA’s test plans
- Document and create client-specific and client-facing QA test plans
Follow defined QA processes i.e.
- Use recommended JIRA process
- Ensure daily updates to JIRA tickets/test cases
- Stay in compliance with test case review and feedback with leadership
- Facilitate proactive communication with project/product teams i.e.
- Use all relevant channels i.e. Emails, JIRA, Slack or Zoom meetings
- Be in sync with sprint/project/product teams
- Share your plan of action with QA Lead or QA Manager at the start of your day
- Sending consolidated DSRs to the entire project team by EOD.
- Ensure decent overlap/availability in the onshore team’s time zone (whenever required).
- When on PTO make sure proper handoff occurs and no risks raised
- Lead client-facing QA calls (feedback triage, QA demos, test plan reviews, etc…)
- Focus on learning & development by
- Setting OKRs for the quarter in alignment with the Company goals.
- Constantly perform self-review and identify improvement areas
- Seek timely assistance from Reporting Managers
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing initiatives and help in skill development of peer QA engineers.
- Enhance skills and capability in usability focused testing
- Pursue and grow to understand of test automation and tools available
- Pilot new processes and tools
Exhibit good interpersonal skills by being a team player, staying approachable and collaborative.
Obtain and maintain Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud AND Certified Service Cloud certificates (+ all certifications of a QA Engineer).
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- MUST have - Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science
- MUST have - 3 years of Functional & Non-Functional Testing experience
- MUST HAVE - Minimum 3 years of experience with SFDC application testing
- MUST HAVE - Minimum 3 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle
- MUST HAVE - Minimum 2 years in IT/Software companies with a multinational footprint
- MUST HAVE - Experience working with US based/headquartered companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Optional - SFDC certifications (Administrator, App Builder, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, etc...)
Industry-leading benefits including Health & Accidental Insurance offered. Will be part of a US-based/ headquartered company.